Here's the quilt I made for my aunt for Xmas. The front is all 2 1/2" squares and all from scraps (apart from a small amount of cream material). Mr G was holding it up for me but his arms weren't quite wide enough....I haven't measured it properly now it's finished but it's huge - roughly 2m x 2m.
And here's the Music Quilt in all its glory.....the back is just as nice as the front. I planned it so precisely that there is no wasted fabric....I used every scrap! (Well not quite that well planned, more a fluke really....) The hardest part of the quilting process is, for me, getting the back lined up with the front. This is not quite centred enough for my liking but it looks ok. I kinda made this one up as I went along and it showed - not so much in the finished product but definitely in the amount of angst in putting it all together!