Saturday, February 11, 2012

And another that I haven't shared yet...

I was asked by a friend to make quilts for her 2 daughters as Xmas presents. One is very musical and the other is training to be a teacher to work with Indigenous communities in the APY lands. I know that I have shared the musical quilt but haven't posted the finished product for the Indigenous one.

It turned out rather well. I was a bit dubious about it but it came together beautifully and the fabrics, while not exactly my cup of tea, look brilliant together. It's also quite large at around 86" x 68" so tricky to get it all in one shot.
Front


Back

1 comment:

  1. That is stunning!

    My first thought was Pretty Pretty Pretty - the black borders add that extra funky look to it and then the red and gold at the back - a very inspired and appropriate touch!

    ReplyDelete