Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Vespa Quilt finished....Baby Quilt almost done

Mr G's Vespa quilt turned out really well. The back is an Alexander Henry print in black, and I've used the same print in red for the binding. The binding is machined stitched which saves so much time (I hate hand sewing with a vengeance!). I'm still having trouble pinning the layers tightly enough so they don't pucker when quilting in straight lines so to get around this, I've outlined each square on the front individually, then quilted in straight lines a 1/4" from the seams on the border. Took a while, but looks good....sorry it's a bit hard to see in the pics.

And here's the orange & blue Baby Quilt I've been working on for a workmate. I've used the Ikea hearts fabric for the back and am just finishing off the quilting.....looks fantastic, if I do say so myself.  :-) Will show that one off more when it's done.

Next project is to quilt the blue log cabin quilt that I pinned months ago and finish the scrappy quilt. Haven't thought beyond that, but there is a stack of fabric just waiting to be utilised somehow. So many patterns out there that I'd love to try!


  1. Both quilts are gorgeous Kay, can't wait to see them in real life. The colours in the blue and orange are stunning. What a lucky mummy and bub!

  2. That vespa quilt is stunning - you'd be able to sell that for thousands on etsy!