Thursday, May 16, 2013

Baby Quilt for Willow

Yes, the finishes are coming thick & fast at the moment!




This one is for my cousin who became Dad to baby Willow about a month ago.

Started with 5" squares, added a couple of borders (I like the picture frame effect) and used another Ikea print on the back. The binding is from Prints Charming at Spotlight but I was a little disappointed with the quality. Perfectly fine for binding though!

Now on to my next project......some scrappy string quilt squares, me thinks!

2 comments:

  1. Kay the prints Charming is promoted as dress making fabric and I agree is not as solid as proper quilting fabric - but I think the colors and patterns make yup for it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't so much that it was a thinner cotton, more the bits that were unusable as the ink had run, or there was a hole(!) Easy enough to cut around it for binding but would have been peeved if I wanted to cut large pieces - as you would for dressmaking. Just thought there could have been a little more quality control....but I might have just been unlucky with that bit. Haven't checked the other colours I bought at the same time.

    ReplyDelete