Friday, April 15, 2011

Sick

Poor me, took Miss R to drama on Mon evening with a little tickle in my throat; by the time I went to bed that night it was like swallowing razor blades. So I toddled off to the doctor on Tues morning who diagnosed pharangytis, gave me 3 days off work and put me on antibiotics.

Yesterday I felt absolutely no better - felt worse if anything. And the sore throat had turned into blocked ears and sinuses so I made the decision that I had been dreading.

I 'm not going to go to Melbourne on Saturday for the Australasian Quilting Convention.

Waaaah! We booked the tickets back in August and I've been so looking forward to it. But I often have trouble with my ears when I fly (I once flew with an ear infection and it was EXCRUTIATING) so I wasn't going to risk spoiling my day, as well as Theresa's, Claire's and Michelle's. So Theresa's sister Margaret is going to be me for the day. I don't know if she wants to go to the AQC, but she'll happily spend the day shopping in the city instead.

And of course, once I made that decision, I woke up this morning feeling much, much better....what's the bet I wake up tomorrow feeling bright eyed and bushy tailed and raring to go???

2 comments:

  1. I think you made the right decision though. For such an infection it can flare up just as you think you're OK and there's nothing worse than feeling really, really sick when you're not at home and pretending that you're fine and 'enjoying' yourself.

    ReplyDelete