Sunday, April 3, 2011

Can you believe it's April already?

Seriously, there's only 2 more weeks of term - how did that happen??

Been busy here. We have agreed to buy the house at Victor which I'm still finding stressful but feeling a little more positive about. Many people have commented that they would stay there, so here's hoping they put their money where their mouth is. I've been spending lots of time online looking at prices for fridges, beds, couches etc....it has been a bit of an eye opener as I had no idea that beds were so expensive!! We want to keep everything light and airy, so most stuff will be from Ikea, although Kmart has a great range of inexpensive kitchen ware. We're heading down to the house later today to take some measurements - have to organise curtains and a shed as a priority.

Yesterday we caught up with Mr G's cousin and family for breakfast. The 2 girls go to school together, but we haven't seen Mr Cousin for ages as he spends a lot of time in the UK and the US for work (don't ask me what he does; I have no idea). So it was lovely to catch up and we could have chatted for most of the morning. But we had to head off to help my brother move - they sold their house (very quickly!) and are moving in with Mum while they search for a new abode. Didn't get home until 9pm but virtually everything heavy was moved so he was happy with that. Settlement isn't until Friday so they still have a week to tidy up the loose ends.

On the school front, Miss R is doing well. Seems to be keeping up with the homework, has a group of friends to hang out with and she got a part in the school production, so she's happy with that. Now I have to come through with my promise to let her have streaks in the hair. Her hair has gradually darkened over the last few years and she tells me repeatedly how much she hates it, but I refuse to let her start colouring her hair at 13!! (The hairdresser has told me that colouring will help with the oilyness but we both agree that she's too  young.) Anyway, I told her that I'd let her get lighter streaks IF she got a part in the school play, so looks like I'll be making an appointment for the school  holidays.

Work is ok for the moment. I don't hold out much hope for the job I applied for. Had to do an online test which was mainly logic problems - I don't do well in those kind of things, never have - so I don't think I would have scored high enough. Anyway, we shall see.

Not much sewing has been going on.....I'm so very sick of 2 1/2" squares......but I hope to have some photos soon. Mr G has suggested that I'll be making many quilts for the beach house, so that will be a good use of the stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment