Monday, December 20, 2010

Random Stuff

  • I'm on holidays for the next 2 weeks. I'll go back to work after New Year's for 4 days, then off for another week. This week is busy with car service, physio, hair and dental appointments but we've nothing planned after Christmas Day. Bliss......
  • Yesterday I was rather naughty and bought a secondhand Bernina Aurora 440QE on eBay. I paid a little  more than I wanted to, but it was still a bargain compared to new. I'm hoping there will be a cheque under the Christmas tree to help pay for it, but I will be selling off my Janome to help cover the cost.
  • I've been asked by a couple of workmates to make quilts so that will keep me busy for the next few weeks. One is for a baby girl - still plenty of pink in the stash! - and I'm not sure what the other will be yet. I've told them I'm happy for them to just pay for materials, but if they insist on paying me for my time, then I'll suggest they buy a gift certificate from either Pink Chalk Fabrics or Fabric Shack.
  • Miss R got her report today and I'm very happy with it. She's mainly C's and B's with a D for maths but she rated HIGH for effort in all but 2 subjects. That, to me, is more important than the grade.
  • We had friends over for a BBQ last night and because it was so windy and cold, we ended up rearranging the house to fit everyone inside instead. We like the new arrangement so much, I think we'll keep it. So the family area and the dining area will be swapping spaces - unfortunately not until we move the fridge into the kitchen area and it WILL mean a new couch but I think it will flow much better that way.
  • Am off for a nanna nap (ie pretending to read a book while I 'rest my eyes') and then to put the binding on the quilt for my sister for Xmas. Pics soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment